The head of the Golden Boy promotion company Oscar De La Hoya commented on the news about the termination of the cooperation of the former world champion Gennady Golovkin with coach Abel Sanchez.
According to Oscar De La Hoya, promoter of the WBA and WBC middleweight champion Saul Alvarez, his client is serious about his rematch with Floyd Mayweather. De la Hoya believes that Floyd has over a billion reasons for this to happen.
Oscar de la Hoya the head of the Golden Boy Promotions and the former world champion in six weight categories wants to fight by the boxing rules with the president UFC Dana White. The conflict between the two sides escalated after the duel organized by Golden Boy and Tito Ortiz, who had previously appeared in the UFC. De la Hoya blamed White for underpaying UFC athletes. White replied that his opponent was lying, and also accused a 45-year-old former boxer of drug addiction.
Oscar de la Hoya, promoter of the star Mexican Saul Alvarez, said that in a possible rematch in September, Gennady Golovkin would pay for advertising, in which he ridiculed Canelo's positive doping tests.
It remains to be seen whether Oscar De La Hoya is truly serious, but he said Monday he has been "secretly training" and called out UFC star Conor McGregor for his comeback fight after nearly a decade in retirement.