Lomachenko on Crolla fight: Never think that the fight will be easy
The WBA, WBO lightweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko (12-1, 9 KOs) believes that the fight against Anthony Crolla (34-6-3, 13 KOs) will not be a walk in the park.
- It seems that now you have to fight with the mandatory challenger Anthony Crolla. How do you like that? Is it easy to tune in to such a fight?
- I never think that this will be an easy fight. I never prepare as if I had to go for a walk in the park. He is a mandatory challenger, he won this status, so I will have to defend my title. I am preparing very hard for every fight. These are the rules of organizations, such is the policy. And I will definitely be ready for battle.
- Have you watched his fights? What do you think about him?
- Not yet. But the battle is not confirmed for 100% yet. So, I think it is too early to comment. As soon as I hear the name of my opponent, then I will start training: I will watch his fights and I will be able to answer all the questions and also express my opinion about him.
- Do you hope that (the manager) Egis Klimas and (the promotion company) Top Rank Promotions still manage to agree with Commey on a new date for the fight? Would you prefer this option or is it better to fight in April?
- In this matter, the decision is not made by me. Such things are decided by the promoter. I'm getting ready to enter the ring on April 12th. I was told that the fight will take place on April 12, so I'm preparing...
Earlier it became known that the promotion bids for Crolla - Lomachenko fight were postponed again. Initially, they were scheduled for February 6.